It is the valley with the densest dovecote of Cappadocia. It is estimated that there are over 3 thousand pigeons. The river flowing through the middle of the valley, which is 7 km long, accompanies the walk. There are also many fairy chimneys, churches and monk cells in the valley.
It is the valley that continues by intersecting with the Çat valley. The most important feature of the valley is
St. Lucas Church. it also has beautiful panoramic spots for picnics and relaxation.
Take a break in the middle of nature to eat pre-prepared snacks in the shade of fairy chimneys accompanied by bird sounds.
- Mushroom Rock Fairy Chimney
It is one of the 5 different types of fairy chimneys and also the most interesting model. The largest and most iconic of this very rare fairy chimney is located at the end of the walk in the Çat Valley (Open Palace).
The 10th and 11th century churches, rock tombs and diocese education centers in the Çat Valley Gülşehir entrance were used as a training center. There are the Bull Church, Monastery, Backgammon (Horse Roof), Small Palace (Multi-Storey Settlement Area), Four Column Monastery, Cradle Vaulted Structure, Twelve Column Church and Stairs Residence.
- Gulsehir St. John's Church
The lower floor of the church, which was carved into a fairy chimney with two floors, has a single apse, a cross plan, and the cross arms are barrel vaulted. On the upper floor, red ocher on the bedrock and stylized animal and geometric cross motifs are depicted on the walls. The rock-carved stairs, originally located between the two floors, have been demolished over time. The church on the upper floor has a single apse and a single nave. There are two niches on the north and south of the main apse, three on the west wall, and two on the north wall. According to the inscription found on the church apse, it is dated to April 25, 1212.
- Gulsehir Ulu Mosque & Lunch
A mosque, almshouse, school, madrasah and bath and eight fountains were built as a complex by Karavezir Seyit Mehmet Pasha. The inscription on its door states that it was built in 1779. The mosque is a good example of Ottoman classical architecture. It is also known as Kurşunlu Mosque, due to the use of lead coating on the dome and top cover. The façades of the mosque, which was built of local cut stone in yellow and pink two colors, were moved with large arches, and the weight of the dome was transferred to the buttress towers at the corners. The dome of the square planned main space is carried by four large arches. The mihrab in the part covered with a mirrored vault is seven-cornered and there are marble pillars in the corners. Like the mihrab, the pulpit and the preacher's lectern are among the striking elements of the mosque, which is rich in ornaments. The mosque, where the craftsmen brought from Istanbul work, has a baroque feature. Its architect is Ebubekir Veledi Halil Efendi.